Senior Intelligence™ Speaking Engagements & Continuing Education
A video of this presentation is available below
October 25, 2023 - "Integrating Your Estate Plan with Long-Term Care Plan"
Speaker: Julia Santo, Esq.
Presented by the Westchester County Senior Law Day Collaborative
An estate plan expresses and implements your wishes regarding the distribution of your assets upon your death. Unfortunately, ruinous long-term care costs can drain your life savings, leaving little or nothing in your estate to distribute.
Learn how integrating a long-term care plan with your estate plan can protect your assets and lifestyle while you are alive, and maximizes the chance that you will have an estate to leave to your family members or other beneficiaries.
Watch to learn more about this important topic:
Other recent Continuing Education courses and presentations to seniors:
July 18, 2023 FREE Virtual CEU Course - 2.0 Credit Hours
"Nursing Home Medicaid Update 2023" Sponsored by The Bristal and 305 West End Assisted Living
Tuesday, July 18, 2:00 – 4:00 pm via Zoom
This program will explain how Nursing Home Medicaid differs from Community Medicaid, the rules for Medicaid Nursing Home eligibility, and issues related to the resident’s income and spousal income. We will also cover aides in the Nursing Home and the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) program.
Most importantly, we will discuss how your clients can protect a good portion of their assets, even if no planning was done before nursing home care was needed.
Why Lamson & Cutner believes that educating yourself about long-term care is crucial to your wellbeing
Lamson & Cutner strongly believes that too many elderly and disabled people forego benefits and opportunities that would dramatically improve their health care and their quality of life. Many deplete their life’s savings by private paying for long-term care, when assistance could easily be obtained at little or no cost.
All too often, the reason is lack of knowledge, and not knowing where to turn to find out.
The Elder Law attorneys at Lamson & Cutner devote a good deal of their time to providing free seminars and public presentations to address these issues, and to answer questions that people want to ask. Typically, these presentations involve topics such as eligibility requirements and strategies for obtaining Medicaid home care or Medicaid nursing home care, trusts to hold real estate or financial assets, pooled income trusts, supplemental needs trusts for the disabled, the durable power of attorney, the health care proxy and the living will, and estate planning.
Lamson & Cutner attorneys are much sought-after by senior centers, charitable and religious organizations, and nursing homes and hospitals, to speak to their members or their staff. Those who have some familiarity with Elder Law topics, or have listened to other speakers, frequently say that they have never heard anyone explain this subject matter in such a clear and understandable way.
This is what one satisfied presentation attendee said:
Just a quick thank you once more for taking the time to speak to the social work dept’ today. I’d like you to know that throughout the rest of the day, virtually every single one of my colleagues – as well as my supervisor and assistant director – stopped me to say how informative your presentation was, and to comment on the ease in which you imparted your knowledge and competence in an area that often comes up in our line of work.” – K.S., LMSW, Roosevelt Hospital – Department of Social Work
Some of the venues where Lamson & Cutner has made presentations or given free seminars are listed below. If your organization would like to have David Cutner present at your location, please contact the firm.
- The Actor’s Fund, Manhattan, New York
- Angelo Petromelis Senior Center, College Point, Queens
- Antler Apartments, New York, NY
- Beth Abraham Health Services, Bronx
- Brooklyn Tabernacle Church, Brooklyn, NY
- Center for Learning and Living
- Cobble Hill Nursing Home, Brooklyn
- Comprehensive Care Management, Brooklyn
- Credit Suisse, New York City, NY
- Guildnet – Jewish Guild for the Blind, Manhattan, NY
- Harlem Hospital Center, Manhattan, NYC
- Jamaica Service Program for Older Adults, Jamaica, Queens
- Jewish Association for Services for the Aged (JASA), Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Jewish Community Center, Manhattan, New York
- Korean-American Senior Citizens Assocation, Flushing, Queens
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center, Manhattan
- Methodist Home for Nursing & Rehabilitation, Riverdale, Bronx
- Metropolitan Cemetary Association (Key Note speaker), Jericho, NY
- Nassau University Medical Center, Uniondale, Long Island
- New York – Presbyterian Hospital
- Next Stage Senior Care Services, Manhattan, New York
- Practice Law Institute “26th Annual Elder Law Institute,” New York, NY
- Rochdale Village Community Center, Jamaica, Queens
- Roosevelt Hospital
- Schervier Nursing Care Center, Bronx
- St. Paul’s Methodist Church, Brooklyn
- Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility, Woodside, Queens
- United Cerebral Palsy, New York, NY
- Westchester Independent Living Center, White Plains
- Williams Memorial Residence for Seniors, Manhattan, New York
- YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood, New York, NY