Elder Law Seminars
Lamson & Cutner strongly believes that too many elderly and disabled people forego benefits and opportunities that would dramatically improve their health care and their quality of life. Many deplete their life’s savings by private paying for long-term care, when assistance could easily be obtained at little or no cost.
All too often, the reason is lack of knowledge, and not knowing where to turn to find out.
The Elder Law attorneys at Lamson & Cutner devote a good deal of their time to providing free seminars and public presentations to address these issues, and to answer questions that people want to ask. Typically, these presentations involve topics such as eligibility requirements and strategies for obtaining Medicaid home care or Medicaid nursing home care, trusts to hold real estate or financial assets, pooled income trusts, supplemental needs trusts for the disabled, the durable power of attorney, the health care proxy and the living will, and estate planning.
Founding partner David Cutner is much sought-after by senior centers, charitable and religious organizations, and nursing homes and hospitals, to speak to their members or their staff. Those who have some familiarity with Elder Law topics, or have listened to other speakers, frequently say that they have never heard anyone explain this subject matter in such a clear and understandable way.
This is what one satisfied presentation attendee said.
Just a quick thank you once more for taking the time to speak to the social work dept' today. I'd like you to know that throughout the rest of the day, virtually every single one of my colleagues - as well as my supervisor and assistant director - stopped me to say how informative your presentation was, and to comment on the ease in which you imparted your knowledge and competence in an area that often comes up in our line of work." - K.S., LMSW, Roosevelt Hospital – Department of Social Work
Some of the venues where Lamson & Cutner has made presentations or given free seminars are listed below. If your organization would like to have David Cutner present at your location, please contact the firm.
- The Actor's Fund, Manhattan, New York
- Angelo Petromelis Senior Center, College Point, Queens
- Antler Apartments, New York, NY
- Beth Abraham Health Services, Bronx
- Brooklyn Tabernacle Church, Brooklyn, NY
- Cobble Hill Nursing Home, Brooklyn
- Comprehensive Care Management, Brooklyn
- Credit Suisse, New York City, NY
- Guildnet - Jewish Guild for the Blind, Manhattan, NY
- Harlem Hospital Center, Manhattan, NYC
- Jamaica Service Program for Older Adults, Jamaica, Queens
- Jewish Association for Services for the Aged (JASA), Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Jewish Community Center, Manhattan, New York
- Korean-American Senior Citizens Assocation, Flushing, Queens
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center, Manhattan
- Methodist Home for Nursing & Rehabilitation, Riverdale, Bronx
- Metropolitan Cemetary Association (Key Note speaker), Jericho, NY
- Nassau University Medical Center, Uniondale, Long Island
- Next Stage Senior Care Services, Manhattan, New York
- Practice Law Institute “26th Annual Elder Law Institute,” New York, NY
- Rochdale Village Community Center, Jamaica, Queens
- Roosevelt Hospital
- Schervier Nursing Care Center, Bronx
- St. Paul's Methodist Church, Brooklyn
- Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility, Woodside, Queens
- United Cerebral Palsy, New York, NY
- Westchester Independent Living Center, White Plains
- Williams Memorial Residence for Seniors, Manhattan, New York
- YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood, New York, NY